A Healthy Outside Starts From The Inside - Red Light Therapy
Red Light Therapy is the latest craze in the health industry and with good reason. Some reports have shown that Red Light Therapy (RLT) has been effective in treating a wide range of health problems from pain, inflammation, pigmentation and even acne.
What is Red Light Therapy?
Red Light Therapy is a non-invasive therapy also referred to as low-level laser therapy (LLLT) or photo biomodulation. This is the act of using red light (or near-infrared light) for beneficial properties on the body. It makes use of specific wavelengths to penetrate deep through the skin. Once the light has been absorbed by the body it is converted into cellular energy!
All living organisms require ATP cellular energy to function and survive, and Red Light Therapy helps restore and enhanced ATP production, assisting in cell rejuvenation, repairing of damaged cells as well as enhancing cell functioning. Red Light Therapy doesn't damage the skin surface, making it safe and painless to use.
Read more about the science of Red Light Therapy Here.
Does Red Light Therapy Work?
YES! Red Light Therapy does work, it has even been FDA approved! Infrared wavelengths penetrate deep into the skin and creates a chemical reaction in the mitochondria of your cells. This stimulates energy production and boosts cell regeneration, resulting in more ATP energy and enhanced cell signalling, enabling cells to respond better to damage and repair themselves more effectively. Red Light Therapy also works on the lymphatic system which assists your body in the detoxification process by increasing blood flow.
There are 3 variations of Red Light Therapy which target specific problems:
- Red Light (630NM & 660NM): This is ideal for increasing the mitochondrial functioning in cells to produce more cellular energy, leading to several skin benefits such skin inflammation, smooth skin tone, repair sun damage, fade scars & stretch marks and more!
- Near-Infrared Light (850NM): This is ideal for penetrating deeper than red light through skin & bone. Near-Infrared is used as a therapeutic device to assist with the treatment of a variety of injuries.
- Yellow/ Amber Light (580NM): This is ideal for creating primary cellular movement at the top layer of skin. Yellow light has shallow skin penetration and can be effective for skin issues involving redness.
- Yellow Light can be used in conjunction with red light for deeper healing and faster recovery treatment. This combination of wavelengths may enhance blood flow circulation, enhance your skin complexion, increase muscle recovery, reduce skin redness & irritation and so much more.
Red Light Therapy is unique in the way that it works from the inside out, allowing us to have another tool other than supplements to take our heath routine to the next level.
How long does Red Light Therapy Take To Work?
You can experience benefits of Red Light Therapy in a matter of days. Some results may take up to a few months depending on areas that need to be repaired. Red light occurs naturally in our environment and is required by our bodies for functioning. Red Light Therapy tools are safe to use daily, with the recommended time per session being 10-20 minutes.
There is a plethora of results from the medical community which supports the positive results of using Red Light Therapy for health, repair & recovery. It's important to consider what you put into your body, but it's also important on what you do on the outside to ensure that we live a healthy and optimized life.
Benefits of Red Light Therapy
- Promotes wound healing
- Repairs damaged tissue
- Speeds up muscle recovery
- May improve natural hair growth
- Speeds up wound healing
- Improves collagen production
- Helps mend damage cause by the sun
- Assists with scar healing on skin
- Relives pain and inflammation
- Assist with radiant skin
- Better quality sleep and more
Red light therapy has been used for decades, and for decades it has proved useful. Red Light Therapy has shown promising results in multiple areas, the biggest being reducing pain and inflammation. There has been huge advances in clinical research and light technology resulting in widespread use of light therapy treatments, even in the comfort of our own home.
Light therapy tools & products are now available on OPTMZ. True Dark Energy Square is a light emitting therapy product that delivers optimal Yellow, Red, and Near-Infrared light wavelengths. Other products that True Dark has developed to optimize our daily lives include Blue light blocking glasses and red light bulbs. For more on how these can benefit you visit our website!